- He misunderstands or is intentionally mischaracterizing the debt ceiling as if it were debt default (31:30)
- His has disdain for impudent debt ceiling discussions, "You've got to be kidding." (48:56)
- Corporate Tax Reform is possible, but No Flat Tax. (49:09)
- People just "don't understand" that we know better. Just forget about the fact that Democrat big government programs created the problem. The slow recovery is a "Tragic consequence of what caused this basic problem." (56:06)
- "We don't have the option" of a faster recovery. (59:32)
- Those Tea Partiers can't stop us now. "I don't think that they can touch the basic architecture of the reforms." (1:00:00) He believes that Americans will choose security and safety over capitalism and freedom.
As a side note: What was up with C-Span today? The website thinks that both yesterday and today are May 17th. Talk about a filing error! (Finally they fixed it!)