(7/20/2012 10:30 AM) Reports by a Florida private investigator connect the Aurora Colorado shooter with Occupy San Diego. The motivation for the shooting appears to be the negative portrayal of the Occupy Wall Street movement. There are conflicting reports about this but it fits with our coverage of the plot of the movie. The shooter is being called a "black block" member of occupy who felt the movement was not radical enough.
James E Holmes
1690 Paris St, Apt 10
Aurora, CO 80010-2918
James E. Holmes (DOB 12/13/1987) is 24 years old from San Diego CA.
Bill Warner private investigator at http://www.wbipi.com/
The following pictures are from a site called 9gag. If they are real, the user 9GAGftw is the shooter James E. Holmes and he was incited to violence by users on the site. All references have now been removed, but these are screenshots recovered online. Reports now suggest a rival website created these images as a hoax.
The shooter had dropped out of a Ph.D program at the University of Colorado. He had a degree from U.C. Riverside in Neuroscience. The Holmes family lives in San Diego but may have kicked James out (unconfirmed). James had moved into his Aurora apartment within the last couple weeks. His father may be faculty at the U.S. Naval War College.
The shooter was not legally carrying firearms but was wearing a bullet-proof vest and dressed in black riot gear. Tear gas was used on the theater patrons. The shooting lasted 15 minutes or more which suggests that all the movie patrons were unarmed.
Immediately after the shooting ABC News' Brian Ross and George Stephanopoulos speculated on Good Morning America that Holmes was a Tea Party member, based solely on a name appearing on a Tea Party website. The person identified is a 52-year-old Hispanic Tea Party member, not the 24 year old shooter.
Reports that the shooter was a registered Democrat may not be correct. It seems that he is not registered to vote or is not part of a major political party.
Hopefully the shooter cooperates with police. Society needs to learn what and why this occurred.
It is very possible that some of this initial information is wrong, but it is the best available at the moment.
Update 11:30 AM PST; Comments from Occupy San Diego:
"Trying to smear a movement that has the support of tens of millions of Americans with the actions of a likely psychotic monster is incredibly disrepectful to the victims, their families and the people of the United States.No person contacted in the Occupy San Diego movement recognized James Holmes.
If it turns out that the individual had ever participated in any Occupy activity, along with millions of Americans, in a unique forum where NO ONE was denied the chance to contribute, then it means as little about the Occupy movement as the many acts of violence connected to known Tea Party supporters mean about the Tea Party movement's goals.
Actually, it means LESS, since Tea Party sympathizers have been found trying to bomb the border after hearing calls for landmines along the Rio Grande at a Phoenix Tea Party formal speech, for example, whereas the Occupy movement has always stood TOTALLY AGAINST ALL VIOLENCE against people, in every statement, every GA and among the organizers of every major event." Leif
"Black Block" per Occupy San Diego is not a group, it is a tactic.
UPDATE 7/22 3 AM:
0) Answers to comments: At this point, changing the title of the post will not help. The connection to OWS was from a private investigator in Florida. Also, Death threats were associated with the movie due to critics reviews. Many of the reviews mentioned the anti-occupy themes of the movie.
1) Reports that the James Holmes car was from Tennessee and had a Romney bumper-sticker were debunked: Photos revealed the lack of bumper-sticker and the following information:
- 1690 PARIS ST #10
- Aurora, CO 80010
- Hyundai Tiburon
- Purchased 3/15/2011
- License Renewed 1/10/2012
- VIN: KMHJG25F8YU200570
Photos from DailyMail.co.uk here. Here is a comparison CO license plate.
2) Photos of James Holmes at an Occupy event have been run through facial recognition software with a 96% match. The credibility of the person doing the analysis is at question. The hair is curly in the occupy photo and the person has a beard. The software compares eyes, ears and nose to make matches. Hair changes due to humidity and styling. This is a matter of opinion at this point.
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
3) Corrected reference to medical school - He was in a Ph.D. program.
4) After viewing The Dark Knight Rises movie, I can confirm it is anti-occupy. The villain is short one Occupy Gothem sign to make it explicit. The villains directly attack "Wall Street," hold "people's tribunals," and more.
Also, the villain makes a statement about using "false hope" to destroy society. This played like a political reference. A reference viewed through my own bias about our current President.
In the end, the point to the movie could be the inner conflict of Batman against a backdrop of social unrest that threatens to unleash social chaos.
Christopher Nolan has released a statement about the shooting:
"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."5) I am a tea partier and not an occupier. It is my goal to be fair, but find the truth. Truth has become so rare that it now interrupts our self-involved fantasy worlds and enrages many of us. Truth has become a blinding light in a pitch black room. It is up to "we the people" to find and remember truth as the media has become to corrupted and unreliable. So, I apologize for anything that I get wrong. Hopefully, you will correct me when needed, but let's remember:
- Jarod Loughner, a far-left, flag burning, 2012 prophecy, communist manifesto murderer was tied to the tea party. Rep. Gabriel Gifford (D) is remembered but when was the last time you heard the name of Federal Judge John Roll, appointed by President George H. W. Bush to the bench in 1991? The judge and five others died that day.
- Fort Hood Islamic terrorist Major Nidal Hasan was active military assigned to help our returning soldiers. Major Hasan encouraged Islamic terrorist suicide bombings, but the Obama administration downplayed his motives to ensure their "terrorism on American soil" count did not rise. Political correctness caused the problem and was then used to dampen discussion and derail the effort to find solutions.
- Joseph Stack, after writing an anti-corporate, anti-Catholic, anti-corruption, anti-Bush, anti-capitalist manifesto, crashed his plane into an IRS building. His attack had the expressed purpose to wake up "American zombies" to revolt against the government. He was labeled "tea party" because he made the statement "I have just had enough." Stack has been completely forgotten since his death in Feb. 2010. A fact that serves only one master.
The motives of James Holmes are of primary importance. If Holmes is part of a political movement that has become intolerant of opposition to the point of terrorism, we all need to know. We need to evaluate the situation to find the truth and not allow it be used to further take our rights and responsibilities. To understand who is really on our side, we need to who is telling the truth.
One other thing is clear, a gun that could have saved lives was not present.
Update 7/22 11 AM:
More pictures are available of the shooter, which may be of use to those who are comparing them to the "occupy photo."
TMZ has a myspace photo: http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/batman-massacre-james-holmes-photo/
Update 7/22 10:45 PM:
1) Per the Colorado legal definition of Insanity, James Holmes is not insane.
Colorado uses the M'Naghten Rule:
Under the M'Naghten rule, a criminal defendant is not guilty by reason of insanity if, at the time of the alleged criminal act, the defendant was so deranged that she did not know the nature or quality of her actions or, if she knew the nature and quality of her actions, she was so deranged that she did not know that what she was doing was wrong.Holmes planned the attack for a reason. The planning took up to 4 months. Common usage of the term "crazy" refers to people in an extremely agitated state. The shooter is not "crazy" by common usage, and does not seem to fit the M'Nagthen rule.
Further, the Colorado legislature has reportedly made acts born of revenge, hate and anger exempt from the insanity defense.
..care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with moral obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other motives, and kindred evil conditions, for when the act is induced by any of these causes the person is accountable to the law2) James Holmes has been targeted by Jailhouse Justice per fellow SLOBs writter Lipstick Underground:
Update 7/23 11 AM:“Kid Killer! Kid Killer! Kid Killer!”That was the threatening welcome fellow inmates of the Colorado Arapahoe Detention Center gave unapologetic James Holmes when he arrived at the jailhouse Saturday.
Another picture with curly red/orange hair to compare to Occupy protester.
Fellow SLOB WC Varones is reporting that the National Institute of Health was the source of funding for James Holmes.